2 Timothy 1:6-7 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
6 For this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.
Timothy was a pastor of the largest church of His time.
Even then, Paul his mentor had to tell him to stir himself up, he was reminded that he must take an active role in keeping his faith alive and encouraged.
He had to start calling out to God for himself to keep the routine of life from robbing him of the fullness of God that has been provided.
- Do you need to encourage yourself in the Lord?
- Do you evaluate your life regularly to ensure you are on point and filled with His Holy Spirit?
- If not:
- Ask God to help you encourage yourself and turn up the gifts of God He placed inside you.
- Ask God for a deeper passion for His presence and His word.
- Now start a habit of doing a self-check on where you stand with God on regular bases.
- Even better yet find someone that will be an accountability partner to help keep you on track spiritually. (Accountability partners need to be someone more mature and not struggling with the same areas you are currently)
- If not: